This Sunday, May 29, 2016 GPBC is hosting Sam and Debbie Wood for our Family Emphasis Day!
Sam and Debbie Wood are the founders of Family Fortress Ministries, in Jamestown, Tennessee. The mission of Family Fortress Ministries is “to exhort families in all aspects of family life to passionately fear God and to live according to His Word, so that they will experience the abundance that God desires to bless them with.”
The services this Sunday will help each of us to honestly examine our current relationships with God and our family! Every family should make plans to attend every service this Sunday!
Let me also encourage you to invite other families and couples that you know who may not attend GPBC but are struggling or looking for a home church.
This Monday is Memorial Day and we will also pay tribute to all of those that gave their lives for our liberty and freedom in the Sunday Morning service!
This is going to be a great weekend! Please make plans to be a part of it!
See you Sunday!
iRun – Camp Northwest 2016 is coming!
Register Online or Download camp information to mail to Camp Northwest with your check.
- Junior Week (for campers who completed 2nd-7th grade) is July 11-16
- The cost is $195 per camper (if registered by June 6), $205 until July 6, $215 after July 6
- Senior Week (for campers who completed 6th-12th grade) is August 8-13
- The cost is $195 per camper (if registered by July 18), $205 until August 3, $215 after August 3
- The Greater Portland Baptist transportation/lunch fee is $15, and can be paid online or by check in the church office. (Online, please use the Activities/Fees box, and mark it: “Camp Northwest Transportation for [child’s name]”
- All young people traveling to Camp Northwest as a part of the group from GPBC will also need to complete this GPBC Activities Permission Slip and turn it in before leaving for camp: 2016 Jr. Sr. Camp Permission
Someone once said, “A mother is the only creature on earth who can cry when she is happy, laugh when she is heartbroken and rise to her work when she is ill!” Scores of great men and women agree that they were able to accomplish much and become who they are because of their mother!
It is only right that we set aside a special day to honor mothers! It would do us well to remember that long before it became a presidential proclamation, honoring mothers was God’s idea!
“Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.” Exodus 20:12
That is exactly what we are going to do this Sunday!
It has been confirmed that Mother’s Day is hands down the busiest day of the year for florists, card shops, restaurants! All because we want to say “Thanks” to the one that gave so much for us.
Perhaps one of the greatest gifts to your mother would be for you to bring her to church this Sunday.
Every mother who attends this Sunday will be honored in our service, and also will receive a beautifully wrapped blooming potted plant!
If your mother, like mine, is in Heaven or unable to attend with you this Sunday, please use this as an opportunity to invite and adopt another mother to be “your mother” at GPBC this Sunday! Who knows? It may be the one event that will change her life for eternity!
I am praying for God to give us a great day!
God bless you! See your Sunday!
You are invited to join our church family, the staff and students of Greater Portland Christian Academy and friends from our community as we gather to pray for America. This is a pivotal time for our country, and God’s people need to have a heart that is turned to Him in prayer.
Please join us as we meet at the flag poles at 8:35am. We will say the pledges, sing our national anthem, be challenged to pray for America, and then pray together.
(Seating will be available.)Read More